It's a boy!

Exciting news! In the early hours of Wednesday our first son Harry arrived, weighing in at 9lb 6oz! He is doing well but will be in hospital for a few more days whilst he gets used to feeding. Mum is doing well, although wants to come home with him.
So I've been doing lots of travelling to the hospital and catching up on sleep. Last night I was at a bit of a loose end, with the house empty so I decided time to get the sewing machine out and relax a little. Nothing beats sewing to relax I find. What to make? Well I love hats so how about a little baby hat. Nice and easy so I knocked up a pattern, loosely based on one I have used myself, and grabbed some tweed.

6 little pieces!

It was a fiddly process and having less than tiny hands didn't help


An hour later and voila! One baby flat cap for my little boy. Not sure how well it will fit but I think it'll look nice for a little photo session when he comes home

In other news. I picked up some lovely Poplin by Rose & Hubble, very reasonable price too.



I think I will make one more shirt to finish my shirt wardrobe. Watch this space......

Until next time




Labels: , , , , ,