Jeans for mum

Well I have taken a short rest from my vintage jacket: It is coming along nicely with collar finished and lining now going in and I even made inside pockets! However I felt a rest was needed so made some jeans. Why? Well if you know anything about being pregnant you will know that, unfortunately, your figure does not instantly return to its pre-pregnancy shape and size.
One month on from the birth of Harry my wife was not happy with her jean selection as her old ones were a little tight and uncomfortable and her maternity jeans look a little silly. So I made her some that should fit in the interim. I used the Burda 7050 pattern and adjusted for fit. I purchased some nice denim with a slight stretch.
Everything went together nicely with rivets and zip fly. Top-stitched in orange.

Finished but need hemming.

Front and rear details



Altogether a nice make and quite quick. Now as usual I have material left so time to make some dungarees for our Son.......Watch this space


Labels: , , , , ,