Male Devon Sewing has won something! I'm so excited!

Well how exciting! Male Devon Sewing has won something! it might not be the Lottery or a years supply of chocolate but something much more special.....

I came home today after doing a bit of shopping and behind the door was this months copy of Love Sewing magazine (If you don't yet subscribe then hurry up and do so!). As I always do, I opened it up to see what free pattern was included; a lovely Slouch Gilet (Lu has already asked for me to make one) and then I opened the magazine.....

Well what a surprise! A few pages in on the 'readers makes'  page is a picture of my wife, wearing the cross-over blouse that I made from the free pattern in last months free pattern! I took a second look and yes it was definitely her with the blouse. Best of all there was a big "STAR MAKE" on it! I couldn't believe it! The blouse I made had won the this months prize!




What really excites me
is that not only did I make something my wife loves but I have won a prize for doing so! I am really excited as the prize is a fabulous fabric bundle from Minerva Crafts. Someone, somewhere likes my sewing! 

Now I'm not going to go down the 'I'm a man' line but I am and I rarely see anything from another male in a sewing magazine (now that's no fault of any sewing magazine but the apparent  lack of males sewing) so I have to admit a little bit of pride to see a Star make from a man. So come on men, don't be shy but get your sewing makes seen by the rest of the sewing community.

Right that's enough self indulgence and big-headedness but I promise I will blog about what I make with my fabric bundle. I also think I should submit a few of my own patterns for mens clothing to a sewing magazine or two. What do you think?

Until next time....

Happy sewing everyone.....

PS
I would like to publicly say how great Love Sewing magazine is and not because I have won the Star make! The magazine is a really good read and comes with fantastic patterns. For me I love the refreshing style and great tips. If you haven't yet bought a copy then I really do suggest you have a look. You can also save loads if you subscribe. The next issue is out in the shops next Thursday 10th September so go and get a copy!







Labels: , , , , , , , ,